Who is Who?
"you" means you, our customer and/or user of the Track My Leave services and website.
"we", "our" and "us" means Track My Leave and any related company that provides you with Track My Leave services.
To deliver the highest standard of service, we will ask you to provide us with personal information from time to time. At Track My Leave, we believe it is important that you know how we treat that information.
This policy outlines how and why we collect information from you, how we store it, how you can access and correct that information and when we might disclose information to other people.
We will collect information about you (for instance, your name, contact number(s), email address, etc) when you complete Track My Leave application forms or when we communicate via phone or email. Other sources, like marketing organisations, may also provide us with information about you from time to time.
We also collect information when you buy or use our products and services, for example how, when, where and how often you use our products and services. We may also look at how you browse our internet site.
If you choose not to provide information when we ask for it, certain product features may not work properly or we may not be able to provide you with a product or service altogether.
We hold and use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including:
- Processing application forms
- Providing and assisting you with products or services you request
- Providing you with information on new Track My Leave products and services and/or products and services of carefully selected third parties we think you might like
- Responding and following up on any queries, complaints or requests you might have made, and other customer care issues
- Complying with legal, governmental or regulatory agencies’ requests in connection with the regulation of telecommunications services, and in connection with any legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention or detection, or prosecution
- Training our staff, monitoring our network and services, and maintaining our systems
You agree that we and our agents may send you marketing messages, electronic or otherwise, about (amongst other things) our rewards, special offers, competitions and other promotions, and those of our agents or third parties which we consider may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing messages from us and our agents at any time through Track My Leave.
Sometimes we may disclose your information to third parties, who may include:
- Dealers and suppliers whose products and services support our services
- Other network operators as required to support the products and services we provide to you
- Law enforcement agencies (like the police, or the Serious Fraud Office)
- A potential purchaser of our business
To maintain and improve the services we provide to you, we may monitor and record calls you make to us or we make you.
Access and Correction
You can access personal information that we hold about you by contacting us in writing. If the information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may ask us to correct the information.
If you consent to receiving emails or other communications from us, but later change your mind, just let us know and we will take you off our list. Get in touch via our Feedback web page.
Privacy Act 1993
This policy does not affect your rights under the Privacy Act 1993. Subject to any rights you may have under the Privacy Act 1993, we will not be liable to you, or anyone else, for the content or lack of confidentiality of any Track My Leave products or services you use.
Change in Policy
Track My Leave may change the terms of this Policy at any time.
Published on 28th January 2013